As organizations search for more secure authentication methods for data access, physical access and general security, many are turning to biometrics. Biometrics is gaining attention as a reliable, highly accurate and efficient method of confirming a person’s identity.
Organizations have experimented with various biometrics solutions for human identification such as recognition of eyes, faces, fingerprints, voice and signatures. But tests show that even these solutions are vulnerable to counterfeit and theft.
PalmSecure™ is a leading-edge authentication system using biometric technology that authenticates users on based on vein pattern recognition rather than iris scanners or fingerprint readers. As veins are internal and have a wealth of differentiating features, attempts to forge an identity are extremely difficult, thereby enabling a high level of security.
- Learn more about the technology behind PalmSecure
- Discover how PalmSecure can be applied in different industries
Why PalmSecure for security?
- Vein patterns are unique to individuals and contain detailed characteristics for formulation of algorithm template. The sensor of the palm vein device can only recognize the pattern if the deoxidized haemoglobin is actively flowing within the individual’s veins.
- Contactless authentication is hygienic and non-invasive, thus promoting high-level of user acceptance.
- Advanced authentication algorithm produces high level of accuracy and application versatility.
- Technology based on more than two decades of Fujitsu image recognition experience.